As the initial lockdowns and stay at home orders are lifting, many people are deciding that now is the right time to remodel their home. Updating your kitchen, creating a home office, or simply changing your home to fit your needs has moved from a ‘someday” project to a priority for many.
Here are 5 remodeling trends that are becoming popular this summer:
1. Creating a Home Office – Whether you’re wanting to finish off your basement to create a dedicated office or looking to revamp an existing home office - creating a dedicated space for a home office is a rising priority as many are shifting to working remotely.
2. Prioritizing Fridge Space - If you’re looking to prioritize fridge space for food items, including a beverage fridge in your island is a great way to achieve this goal and still have plenty of cold drinks. This is a fun feature that helps make sure you always have cold beverages for entertaining and prompts friends and family to help themselves without taking up any fridge space.
3. Adding a Mudroom - Having a spot to take off shoes, remove coats and masks, and quickly wash your hands is becoming increasingly important in a post-COVID world. Creating an entry space with built-in storage is an excellent way to help keep potential germ carriers all in the same spot.
4. Installing a Bidet - For both practical and environmental purposes, bidets are becoming increasingly popular in America! Bidets help conserve water and decrease the need for toilet paper. If you’re looking for a fresh option for your bathroom, consider incorporating a bidet into your remodel!
5. Rethinking Flooring - Cork flooring is expected to make a comeback! Between its natural anti-microbial properties and its sound-reducing ability, many people see it as a viable option for making their home cleaner and conducive to working at home with children in the house!
Whether you were planning a 2020 remodel or the extra time at home has made you realize it’s time for a change, we’re here to help! Give us a call today to start the process of remodeling your home to fit your needs.