6 Tips to Find Remodeling Contractors on Long Island, NY
With so many remodeling contractors available on Long Island, New York, it can be difficult to choose one you can trust with such an important project. Following some simple steps can help ensure you choose a professional you can trust.
- Ask for referrals and get recommendations by talking to friends, co-workers, and neighbors about their experiences with remodeling contractors. Make a list of several to contact.
- Talk to the contractors either over the phone or in person. Ask several questions, including whether they are experienced with projects like yours and what happens if there is a dispute. Also, ask if they would be willing to provide a list of previous clients for you to contact.
- Find out how serious they are about their business. You want more than just a guy who does contracting on the side. Look for remodeling companies with a permanent mailing address and an established presence in the community.
- Check their insurance. It is important to deal only with house remodeling contractors who carry insurance that protects you from liability in case something happens on the job.
- Now that you have the information you’ve asked for, check their references and do some legwork. If possible, visit projects the remodeling contractors completed years ago so you will have some idea of how their work holds up. Remember, most work looks great when it’s brand new; you want a contractor who can deliver a project that looks great years down the road.
- Get bids in writing and look out for bids that are extremely low. This could indicate the contractor may cut corners or be unreliable, potentially leaving you in a lurch and having to find other contractors to either finish or repair the job.
When you need a contractor you can trust, turn to the professionals at Kuhn Construction. We will be happy to answer your questions and show you why we are trusted over other remodeling contractors on Long Island, NY, for exceptional remodeling services.