The Kuhn Construction, Inc. Process
The Steps and Service You Can Expect from Kuhn Construction, Inc.
Want to know more about what will happen after you schedule your Free Design Consultation? To set your mind at ease, we’ve outlined our process, from our 1st meeting with you, to a check-in 6 months after your project has been completed!
DREAMING & PLANNING
At our first meeting, we will:
- Listen to what you like and don’t like about your current home.
- Listen to your goals, needs, and desires.
- Talk about different possibilities.
- Discuss your desired budget and investment comfort-zone.
- Read through and execute Design Retainer Agreement.
(Required fee for Design Retainer Agreement is 2% of low end of the estimated budget or minimum of $500.)
Once the Design Retainer Agreement has been approved, we will have our second meeting (Measure Meeting), which will include:
- Complete Project Planning Guide Questionnaire.
- Complete a field sketch and gather more detailed measurements.
- Discover material choices/selections.
- Take photographs of all areas in scope of work.
- Schedule a time to meet and review Phase 1 design concepts at Kuhn Construction, Inc. offices in Islip, NY.
REVIEW YOUR DESIGNS
At our third meeting (Design Meeting), we will:
- Review the designs/concepts and alternatives we have created for you, and make corrections/revisions.
- Review any impacts these changes might make on your budget.
- Schedule a meeting to review revised design concept, if necessary.
(Note: The initial Design Retainer Agreement includes up to two revised design concepts.)
- Discuss and execute Final Design Development Agreement
(Required fee for Final Design Development Agreement is 6% of low end of the estimated budget.)
Before we start actual construction, we will:
- Apply for the building permits/variances, etc. as needed depending on the project and town requirements.
- Release all purchase orders to all vendors.
- Prepare the construction packet for your Project Manager.
- Schedule the pre-construction team conference.
PRE-CONSTRUCTION TEAM CONFERENCE
At this meeting, we will:
- Introduce you to your Project Manager.
- Review the project on-site with your PM.
- Ask a series of questions regarding general ‘housekeeping’ issues to ensure your safety and security during construction.
After the conference, we will:
- Prepare the actual construction schedule that we will use to complete your project in a timely manner.
During construction, we will:
- Update you on changes to the schedule using our online Project Management software.
- Update you on work that is being performed.
- Meet with you to address any concerns and questions that may arise during construction.
- Update you on any changes that may require cost increases or credits due to changes in scope of work.
- Utilize our detailed checklist during each phase of construction to ensure that your project is complete with accuracy and to a high level of quality.
After construction work is completed, we will:
- Deliver your warranty and information packet.
- Call you after 6 months to see how you are enjoying the work we performed for you and see if there is anything we need to adjust.
Our goal is to make this process an enjoyable experience for you. We want you to love the enhancements to your home – and share your experience with others who would benefit from our services.