6 Tips to Prepare for the Home Remodeling Contractors in Nassau County, NY
When the home remodeling contractors are ready to descend on your home in Nassau County, New York, will you be ready for them? You will, if you take a few moments to prepare yourself and your family for their arrival.
Here are a few tips to help you make the remodeling experience as smooth as possible:
- Open lines of communication to discuss details of your project. Exchange numbers with the project manager to establish schedules and work out other details.
- Clear out the space that is being remodeled to prevent damage to furniture and accessories.
- Create traffic areas to allow your home remodeling contractors to enter and leave your Nassau County home with tools and materials. Ask contractors to lay down plastic or carpet squares on the floors, and to cover doorways with plastic to keep dust and dirt from other areas of the home.
- Keep children and pets safe by keeping them out of the construction zone.
- Prepare space in the driveway for the trucks and a possible dumpster, depending on the size of the remodel. Also, be prepared that the contractors may need to use your garage for large equipment and supplies.
- If you are remodeling the kitchen, prepare to be without water and heavy appliances for a while. Set up a temporary kitchen by moving your old refrigerator or a small mini-fridge next to a water source, add a microwave, a hot plate, disposable plates and utensils, a trash bin, and you will have a space to prepare meals.
When you need home renovation or remodeling services, turn to the professionals at Kuhn Construction. Find out why we are the leader over other home remodeling contractors in Nassau County, NY.